Interested in completing a Diploma Of Leadership & Management course?
McMillan Staff Development (McMillan) is a Registered Training Organisation delivering nationally recognised qualifications and custom workshops.
We proudly Introduce to you our Diploma Of Leadership and Management BSB50420 course.
This course has been developed and tailored for people who hold a position of responsibility with either a team or a work area or are new to a leadership and management role and are looking to build on their existing skills or emerging as a leader and manager in their organisation or business.
We have access to Government Funding that may reduce the course fee to only
$350.00 per eligible student.
Please select a time or call us anytime.
This course will give you the knowledge, skills and confidence to lead and manage a team or a work area in your organisation.
- Online Learning
- RPL Available
- Enrol Anytime
- Potential Funding
- Online Facilitator
- Online Mentor
- Live Chat
- Video & Written Resources
DIPLOMA iN LEADERSHIP
& mANAGEMENT BSB50420
The Diploma of Leadership and Management qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply knowledge, practical skills and experience in leadership and management across a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
If you a team leader, supervisor, assistant manager, or an emerging manager and you are looking to grow and develop your leadership skills to be contemporary and best practice, then this course is for you.
This course will provide you with the knowledge, skills and confidence to lead and manage a team or a work area in your organisation.
Career & Job Opportunities
Complete this qualification sits between a Certificate IV in Leadership and Management and an undergraduate degree.
A successfully completed Diploma of Leadership and Management will gain a year’s credit from a related bachelor’s degree at most Australian Universities.
Benefits of this course
- You will gain an in depth understanding of the theory behind good leadership and management and the skills to apply them
- You will be able to approach everyday work challenges with the confidence that you know the contemporary and best practice to handle them
- You will develop important high-level management skills, such as developing critical thinking in others, manage priorities, plans and budgets, drive innovation and continuous improvement, manage meetings, undertaking project work, and communicating with influence, all which are essential requirements for being an effective manager in an area of the business
- You will have the knowledge and skills to build and inspire high-performance teams and lead and manage the people around you, including staff and external stakeholders
- You will have the knowledge and skills to manage resources, financials and operational performance indicators
- You will develop a high-level leadership and management skill set that are important to your professional career and also transferable to other parts of your life
- You will build important lifelong learning skills that will guide you through your professional career
- A Diploma of Leadership and Management lets others know about your ability to lead and manage
Subjects & Units
Total number of units = 12
BSBCMM511 Communicate with influence
BSBCRT511 Develop critical thinking in others
BSBLDR523 Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
BSBOPS502 Manage business operational plans
BSBPEF502 Develop and use emotional intelligence
BSBTWK502 Manage team effectiveness
BSBFIN501 Manage budgets and financial plans
BSBSTR501 Establish innovative work environments
BSBSTR502 Facilitate continuous improvement
BSBTWK501 Lead diversity and inclusion
BSBTWK503 Manage meetings
BSBPMG430 Undertake project work
Self-paced learning with regular ongoing support. Hard copy resources or online learning options are available depending on your learning preference.
For Workplace Groups
A calendar of face to face workshops will be developed in consultation with corporate clients
Participants will have unlimited support from our team of dedicated trainers and administration staff for the duration of the program.
Participants will be required to reflect on the topics covered and how they apply to their current work practices. They are also encouraged to discuss the topics with their supervisor and colleagues to gain a broader understanding.
As a formal component of the program, each participant will be assessed to make sure they meet the requirements of the qualification. Assessment formats include:
Skills recognition (RPL) – allows participants to gain credit for skills and knowledge you already have
Knowledge questions – written questions to demonstrate the essential knowledge requirements outlined in the unit of competency
Performance tasks – a series of observable tasks to demonstrate the practical skill requirements outlined in the unit of competency
Approximately 12 months.
Depending on your current level of experience, course work can take up to 10 hours per week.
Learners can commence at anytime.
No formal qualification or pre-requisites are required.
Once you enrol, our team will arrange a meeting to discuss your needs and goals.
Please ensure that you have a computer, access to the Internet and a smart phone with video, web cam.
You may be eligible for recognition of prior learning and we can discuss your qualifications and experience when we initially meet.
Great news is that Certificates are usually issued within 2 weeks of completion.